Saturday, September 17, 2011

Footprint Introductions

Foot Print:

To Introduce yourself to the class, you will trace your barefoot or shoe print onto a piece of construction paper and then you will add design to the foot print using 3 different types of media to help describe yourself to the class. Make sure to include your name on the footprint. Here is an example of a footprint that I did to introduce myself:





Description: My name is at the top of both feet, Rose Long. For my activity I traced my tennis shoes. Left Foot:  Right below my name is three blocks that have J.R., R.R, And H.R./E.R. These blocks are for the four people that I have spent a lot of time with recently they stand for Jessica R., Royal R. Eric R., and Henry R. Godmother 2011 stands for the fact that I became the Godmother for Royal over the summer. The next two squares represent the two sides of my family that I love dearly. Below that is  yarn that represents my love for doing different crafts like crocheting, cross-stitching, among other crafts. Then there is a tent and a pole with fish that represent my love for fishing and camping with my family over the summer. Below that is NSUCC which represents the daycare that I work at and the age group.

Right Foot: The two pictures represent my family and my three pets that I love very dearly and are a big part of my life. The next few blocks list books, movies, or series that I enjoy watching or reading and also shows my love for watching movies and reading books. The bible represents the fact that church/ religion is a part of my life. 1st Grade represents the Sunday school class I teach at my church.

Extention Activity: An extention activity that you could do is have trace the footprint to represent themselves and trace a hand print to represent their family. You could have the students to the names, ages or relation of family on the fingers and have them draw or include their favorite activities that they do with their family on the palm of the hand print.

No comments:

Post a Comment