Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Van Gogh Tissue Collage

The tissue collage is also based off of the techniques that Vincent Van Gogh used in his "Starry Night" painting. For this project, I chose different colors of tissue paper and cut out different shapes to use in my collage. I then placed the tissue paper on a black piece of construction paper and used some tempre glue to keep them in place and give the project a glossy look. While this was drying, I cut out a design on blue and red construction paper to represent the sky view of a city. Once the buildings were cut out, I used black and silver permanent markers to design the windows on the buildings. Once I was done with this part of the project, I used three different colors of Oil Pastels to create movement and emphasis the swirls of the tissue paper. The final step was pasting the city design onto the background. Once this was done, I framed the art work using a different color of construction paper.



Extension Activity:

An extension activity for this project could be using Van Gogh's concepts like the overlapping swirls from his "Starry Night" painting with one color scheme. You could use different shades of one color for the background, two complimentary colors, or a different color scheme entirely. You can also use the same open idea for the background colors, but with a specific design for the close up view, like the design of their yard, or another scene entirely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment